My Mother-In-Law made an AWESOME eggplant parm last week, so I decided to try my hand at it!!
1. Cut the eggplant into 1/2 inch strips, cover both sides with salt and let sit on a cooling rack for about 1/2 an hour. The eggplant "sweats" so I washed the salt and "sweat" off with cold water.
2. Dip eggplant in egg, then in "breadcrumbs." I used corn flour mixed with fresh garlic and herbs.
3. Fry eggplant (both sides) in a bit of olive oil until crispy.
4. Layer in a pan in following order: Tomato sauce/ eggplant/ feta cheese/ bit of tomato sauce/ fresh parm and mozza.
5. Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour.
It was DELICIOUS!! J. thought it would be better as veal (figures) but Z ate a HUGE piece!!