Wednesday, January 18, 2012

(Gluten Free) Eggplant Parm

My Mother-In-Law made an AWESOME eggplant parm last week, so I decided to try my hand at it!!

1.  Cut the eggplant into 1/2 inch strips, cover both sides with salt and let sit on a cooling rack for about 1/2 an hour.  The eggplant "sweats" so I washed the salt and "sweat" off with cold water.

2.  Dip eggplant in egg, then in "breadcrumbs."  I used corn flour mixed with fresh garlic and herbs.

3.  Fry eggplant (both sides) in a bit of olive oil until crispy.

4. Layer in a pan in following order: Tomato sauce/ eggplant/ feta cheese/ bit of tomato sauce/ fresh parm and mozza. 

5.  Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour.

It was DELICIOUS!! J. thought it would be better as veal (figures) but Z ate a HUGE piece!!




1 comment:

  1. I wish I liked eggplant because that looks amazing! Maybe I could try it with zucchini?! The veal comment sounds typical of something I'd hear at my house! ;)

    ReplyDelete