Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Jo vs. The Pin: Meatloaf Cupcakes!

I don't eat any meat, but my kid and J. sure do!
I keep seeing all these wonderful pictures of people making "Meatloaf Cupcakes" so decided to give it a whirl.

It's tough making meat dishes for Z. when J is away, so I generally stick to vegetarian protein options, but since I can make a batch and freeze a bunch, this seemed like a great idea!

THE PIN: 





JO:


I have to say these were SO easy!  The hardest part was cleaning up!!  I just used my regular meatloaf recipe, then baked @400 for 20 minutes!

Z. LOVED them, and they are a perfect size for lunches!!

Meatloaf is Beautiful recipe: 
 (I halved the recipe and it made about 8 meatloaf cupcakes)
1 cup milk
3 cups soft bred crumbs
2Tbsp. minces parsley
2tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. thyme
4 green onions, finely chopped
1Tbsp. Dijon 
1tsp. savory
2 eggs
2lbs. lean ground beef. 

mix everything but meat.  add in beef & cook! 



1 comment:

  1. Dang! That looks so good. I'm about to give this one a go. Cute bloggy.
    xo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete